Thursday, November 10, 2011

Well...I'm not sure what to say...

So I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't written in over a month. This is of course my fault, but it was because I wasn't sure what to say. I've been struggling with very painful knee and back injuries since the beginning of October. There was nothing I could say except that I was freaking out, and really wanted to go home. Being in a foreign country, by yourself, where you don't speak the language, makes getting proper medical care a challenge at best. I've gotten enough care to manage, but there is no way I can continue long term. I need doctors at home that I can speak with, physical therapy, and help from my family. I have agreed to stay until the middle of December, December 17 to be precise, but I won't be coming back in January. To be honest, I am still struggling with this decision. I know there is no other option, so I am at peace with it, but I can't help but be incredibly disappointed and upset with myself for not being able to live out this dream.

It's been a bumpy road, so I'm not saying this hasn't been a struggle in various ways, but without the health problems, I could have overcome the other obstacles. Now my frame of mind has completely shifted from making this work at any cost, to counting down the days until I'm going home. It's at 37 if you were wondering, not counting today. And my flight leaves Budapest at 6:45 in the morning, so that hardly counts as a day. A little over a month, and I will be home for good. Weird.

I'm not sure that I will be writing here again, because it is a bit too depressing, but we'll see. I just wanted to let you all know what was going on!

~KMK

No comments:

Post a Comment